Go New Forest CIC Privacy Notice
GO NEW FOREST CIC (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- WHO ARE WE?
Go New Forest CIC is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are:
Go New Forest CIC, Suite 1 Hillfields House, Castleman Way, Ringwood BH24 3BA For all data matters contact Anthony Climpson, Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE PURPOSE(S) OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
If you are a Go New Forest Member, we will process your information as we are contracted to provide you with the services and benefits of Go New Forest Membership.
Sharing with contracted third parties:
- Go New Forest’s PR Contractor – Traveldog PR
- Business Widgety
- Go New Forest website provider – Seemore Graphics Ltd
- Destination website provider – New Mind
Your information will be published in the Members’ Area of the Go New Forest Intranet which can only be accessed by other Member Businesses
If you are not a Go New Forest Member, your details may be used to contact you with invitations to events, advertising opportunities and newsletters.
- THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNED
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data including telephone number, address, email and website
- Other Membership data supplied
We have obtained your personal data from your completed Membership Application Form/email.
- WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- a) Processing necessary for the performance of a Go New Forest Membership Contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- b) Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- c) Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject. Such purpose is to keep in contact with our Members throughout the membership year.
- d) Processing on the basis that you have consented to be sent the Go New Forest Industry Update, if you are not a member
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with contracted third parties as set out in Section 3, Go New Forest Sector Group Officers/Chairperson and representatives as deemed appropriate.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of five years following the date you cease to be a client or longer as required to meet our legal obligations.
- Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a contractual requirement of Membership or because, as a Non-Member, you have consented to be sent the Go New Forest Industry Update
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Anthony Climpson, Data Officer as detailed in 2.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.